Join us for a special single-evening fine wine tasting of 6 fantastic wines from the Northern Rhône on Friday 27th November 2020 from 7:00pm to 9:00pm.
Join wine school founder Jimmy Smith for a wonderful evening exploring the delights of the spectacular Northern Rhône in France. Jimmy has hand-picked six fine wines that showcase the premium nature of this region focussing on Syrah, Viognier, Marsanne and Roussanne from a top-notch list of producers. We’ll taste from famous appellations such as Côte Rôtie, Condrieu, Saint-Joseph, Crozes-Hermitage and Cornas from producers such as Closel-Roch, Famile Perrin, Pierre Gaillard, Patrick Jasmin, and Johann Michel.
The Northern Rhône may not be the exact birthplace of where the first Syrah vine appeared (it is only about 35 miles Southeast of this region), however it is the benchmark by which all other Syrah wines are measured. Whether or not French Syrah is ‘the best’ is entirely up to you, but one thing is for certain - The Northern Rhône produces Syrah very unlike other regions in terms of style. This is where tradition, geology, topography, aspect amongst many other factors mean that this region is a real special area for premium quality wine.
Tasting Date: Friday 27th November 2020 at 7:00pm (the tasting will last approximately 1.5 - 2 hours)
TASTING FEE STRUCTURE:
For this special two-hour tasting, an exclusive tasting kit is available which includes a 75ml tasting sample of each wine, as well as tasting mat, tasting note paper and pen. The total cost for this tasting experience including this kit is £90.
To reserve your place on this tasting, there is a £10 registration fee.
Once you have registered to attend this tasting, a member of the West London Wine School team will email you a link to purchase the supplemental tasting kit. The standalone kit price is £90, however your £10 course registration fee is 100% redeemable against this before final purchase. PLEASE NOTE: As the wine tasting kit is prepared for us by our 3rd party supplier, West London Wine School gift vouchers are NOT redeemable towards the purchase of the tasting kit.
Tasting kits will be sent out approximately 1 week prior to this tasting.
Tasting Kit: What's Included:
75ml tasting sample of each wine (6 in total) contained in a sterilised glass bottle and preserved with an inert gas (designed specifically for wine preservation)
Tasting note sheet
West London Wine School pen
PLEASE NOTE: As this is a virtual tasting, only one seat needs to be booked per household UNLESS individuals will be logging into the tasting series with different computers/tablets. Additional tasting kits can be purchased for £90 each if additional wines are required per household. Due to the exclusivity of these wines, supplemental full bottle tasting cases are not available for purchase.
Jimmy Smith will host this exclusive tasting live at 7:00pm on Friday 27th November 2020. This single-evening tasting will be approximately 1.5 - 2 hours in length.
Unable to commit on the evening? No problem! Anyone registered for this tasting will gain access to the video recording of the live event, so you can always revisit any of these at anytime in the future - whether its because you missed participating in the live evening or if you want to revisit the presentation at a later date.
Wines Included in Tasting Kit (6 wines):
Famile Perrin, Maison Alexandrins, Blanc, AOC Crozes-Hermitage, 2018 (Marsanne/Roussanne)
Domaine Clusel Roch, AOC Condrieu, 2018
Patrick Jasmin, La Chevaliere, Syrah, IGP Collines Rhodaneinnes, 2018
Pierre Gaillard, Les Pierres, AOC Saint-Joseph, 2016
Johann Michel, Cuvee Jana, AOC Cornas, 2013
Domaine Clusel-Roch, Viaillères, AOC Côte-Rôtie, 2009
The Delights of Northern Rhone
Virtual Wine Tasting
|19:00 - 21:00||£10.00|
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.